Xiaomi Mi Max comes with Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow). It has 6.44 inches (~74.8% screen-to-body ratio) IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colo
Xiaomi Mi Max comes with Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow). It has 6.44 inches (~74.8% screen-to-body ratio) IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors. It’s screen has a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (~342 ppi pixel density). Xiaomi Mi Max is powered by Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650
Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 chipset. It has Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72
Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 CPU with 4 GB RAM and it has Adreno 510 as a Graphics Processing Unit(GPU). It has internal storage of 32/64 GB, 3 GB RAM or 128 GB with support of microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 1 slot) as external storage. It has Dual SIM (Nano-SIM/ Micro-SIM, dual stand-by) with GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE network support of speed HSPA, LTE. Xiaomi Mi Max has main rear camera of 16 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash. It has non-removable li-ion 4850 mah battery.
- Your device must have atleast 60% of charge.
- Go to Settings -> Security and enable the “Unknown sources”.
- For your safety, please take backup of your important stuffs.
- Turn on USB debugging mode from Developer Options on your Xiaomi Mi Max. To turn on USB debugging you have to enable Developer options, Go To settings -> About and tap multiple times on build number.
- A working windows PC.
Steps to install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Max
- Go to official TWRP page and download twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img file for your Xiaomi Mi Max. Keep twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img file in a separate folder.
- Your PC must have ADB & fastboot installed and configured. For quick installation try 15 Second ADB installer. Download link
- Now connect your device to your PC and goto twrp folder and press and hold shift then rightclick on white space and “Open command window here”.
- Now type following commands at command prompt.
- “adb reboot bootloader” – to boot your device into bootloader.
- after booting into bootloader type “fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img” – this will flash TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Mi Max.
- “fastboot reboot” – to reboot your device.
- After reboot type “adb reboot recovery” – to boot into recovery mode.
Methods to Root Xiaomi Mi Max without PC
- If you Have already installed TWRP :
- Download Super SU by chainfire from the following link and put it in the root of your internal storage.
- Boot into TWRP from your device and install/flash UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip zip in your Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your device and installed TWRP.
- If your don’t have a working TWRP installed then you can try :
- Download KingRoot APK from here and install it on your Xiaomi Mi Max. After installation go to app drawer and open KingRoot app and click on orange circle(“FIX”) then wait for some time. Now, Reboot your device.
- If you want to install SuperSU and remove any other apps like KingRoot etc the just download and install SuperSU me apk on you device and follow instructions.